Linkage agreements allow students in the post baccalaureate pre medical program to avoid the “glide year”, the year between filing the AMCAS application and matriculation by initiating the application process to a medical program. Students must meet the criteria outlined for the respective program, in addition to the academic requirements of the post baccalaureate pre medical program.
Mercer University Linkage Agreement*
Agnes Scott’s Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical (PBPM) students meeting certain qualifications are invited to apply as early applicants to Mercer University School of Medicine. By participating in the Agnes Scott-Mercer linkage program, you can avoid the “glide year” and be a year closer to reaching your goal of becoming a physician.
PBPM students who are admitted to MUSM enroll in medical school immediately upon completion of Agnes Scott’s PBPM program instead of spending the next year applying to medical schools.
To qualify for the Mercer linkage program, you must:
- Be a resident of Georgia
- Be willing to practice primary care in rural or underserved Georgia
- Enter Agnes Scott’s PBPM program in the May session
- Complete all prerequisite science courses required by Mercer
- Complete all Agnes Scott PBPM requirements
- Maintain an overall grade point average of 3.5 or greater in the PBPM program
- Earn at least a 28 on the MCAT
- Continue to demonstrate the personal, ethical and professional qualities required of Mercer’s School of Medicine students
*This is not a guaranteed admission linkage. Students who meet the requirements are allowed to apply and candidates are selected by the MUSM admission committee just as in a regular medical school application cycle.