The Parents Council represents all parents and acts as a liaison to the college and its administrators. The council serves to guide members toward increased understanding, support and enthusiasm for Agnes Scott and provides a vehicle for improved communication between parents and the college.
Parents are a valuable resource for Agnes Scott, and we hope to provide mutually beneficial ways for you to be involved and contribute.
Parents Council Committees
This committee will serve as a resource to the Office of Marketing and Public Relations in its efforts to effectively communicate with parents through written and other media. Committee members make recommendations on publications and forms of communication and in areas such as the Web site, Parents Handbook and the use of social media.
This committee supports the professional development of students by serving as a liaison between parents and career development. Members will provide input on parent newsletters and other parent updates. They will build a parent network to help students with phone interview practice, informational interviews, career treks and other job/graduate school search/networking activities. They will share job and internship posts in their organizations with career development.
This committee supports the annual fund, which raises critical, unrestricted dollars from alumnae, parents, friends, corporations and foundations to support student scholarships, faculty salaries, the library, athletics programs and other important areas of the college. Each year, the parents fund committee assists the annual fund staff in writing letters and making phone calls to current and former parents.
Meet the Current Parents Council
Parents Council Chairs
Beverly and Bill Briggs P’16, Thousand Oaks, CA
Parents Council Members
- Usha and Vijay Balakrishnan P'19, Marietta, GA
- Mary and Steven Blount P'18, Sewanee, TN
- H. Alan Chang P'19, Spring, TX
- Virginie and Bernard Kippelen P'19, Decatur, GA
- Julia Little P'17, Fayetteville, NC
- Linda Martinson and Andrew Stratton P’19, Lake Toxaway, NC
- Jayesh and Jyoti Mehta P'17, Cincinnati, OH
- Laurie and Mark Mitchell P’16, Marietta, GA
- Narhari and Niranjali Rao P'17, India
- Paula and Saverio Paglioni P'19, Kennesaw, GA
- Flo and Kent Starling P’16, Grayson, GA
- Shanika Dawn Swift ’93, P’18, Lithia Springs, GA