Application ProceduresThere are a few steps to studying abroad, so start planning early to ensure a successful study abroad experience.
- Watch the Study Abroad 101 video. Consider this video your first appointment with your study abroad adviser. You’ll get all the basics of study abroad and answers to many of your questions. We also encourage you attend a Study Abroad Information Session. The OIE holds multiple sessions during the fall semester. Dates and topics will be announced in the Irvine and on our facebook page.
- Meet with your study abroad adviser to learn about the program options that meet your specific goals. Programs vary by length, cost and available courses. To schedule an appointment, stop by the OIE in Buttrick 102B, call 404-471-5380, or email email@example.com. Beware: Before you are given an appointment, you will have to correctly answer three questions about the Study Abroad 101 video, so watch carefully!
- Select a program. Most students meet with the study abroad adviser several times before making a final program selection. You should also speak with other Agnes Scott students who have already studied abroad, your parents, and your academic adviser(s) to determine the most appropriate courses to take abroad. It is important for them to be involved in the planning process.
- Apply! There will be several different applications required. Check with your study abroad adviser to be sure you are aware of all of the deadlines.
- Agnes Scott's Study Abroad Approval Form
- Program-specific application; for example, CIEE, ISEP, ISA (For help completing your ISEP application, click here.)
You may be eligible to apply for scholarships from the OIE, other ASC departments, your program provider, national study abroad scholarships, and other sources. Be sure to speak with your study abroad adviser about scholarship opportunities and deadlines.
If you have questions about any aspect of the study abroad process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.