Agnes Scott College uses HireAScottie powered by College Central Network as its official resume and job posting service. Employers post jobs and internships exclusively to our school via the CCN site. HireAScottie allows students to:
- Easily search and apply to local Full-time, Part-time, Internship/Co-op job opportunities
- Access the national jobs board, Jobs Central, to search over 500,000 jobs from many sources
- Upload resumes for review, approval and employer submissions
- Use videos, articles and podcasts to maximize career knowledge
Students can also conduct a job search using careershift.
Resumes, CVs and Cover Letters
A well-crafted, targeted resume can open doors and give you an edge when applying for internships, jobs, scholars programs and other activities.
The Resume Writing Guide is prepared to provide tips for successfully creating, reviewing and refining your resume.
Use one of the Agnes Scott College templates as a starting point.
Experts suggest that recruiters spend 20 - 30 seconds scanning a resume before deciding whether to read it more closely; a strong resume can break through to receive a closer look.
The Office of Internship and Career Development supports students as they identify career interests and related graduate-level, academic areas of study. Students may schedule mock admissions interviews and receive support in drafting personal statements and curricula vitae. Additionally, preparation materials for all major graduate and professional school entrance exams are available in the Career Resource Library as well as information about a wide range of graduate programs.
Students may receive support in developing personal statements, exploring programs that match interests, and general information on such issues as securing recommendations.
Test preparation materials including GRE, LSAT, MCAT are available in the Office of Internships and Career Development Library.
In addition,the Office of Internships and Career Development maintains an extensive library of graduate and professional school brochures and application materials.
Agnes Scott co-sponsors two career fairs each year:
- Georgia Small College Consortium Career Fair: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 noon – 3:00 p.m. Cobb Galleria http://www.georgiacareeropportunities.org
- GACE Statewide College to Career Fair: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 www.gace.org/careerfair
Watch News and Events and follow the Office of Internship and Career Development on social media for additional career fair opportunities during the year.