Important Dates and Orientation Schedule
June 1, 2015 – Orientation Fee Due
June 1, 2015 – Enrolled Student Form Due
June 1, 2015 – Entrance Health Record Due
August 1, 2015 – Tuition Payment Due
August 18, 2015 - Fall Student Athlete Arrival
August 17, 2015 - International Students Arrive (click here to visit the Office of International Education site)
August 18, 2015 - International Students Orientation begins and continues through August 21, 2015
August 20, 2015 - Winter and Spring student athletes arrive
August 21, 2015 - All other students arrive for Orientation
Friday, August 21
Orientation Check-In - Parking Deck 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
All new students check in here to receive their orientation information packets and residence hall keys.
Last names beginning with A-H move in - 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Last names beginning with I-R move in - 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Last names beginning with S-Z move in - 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Commuter Students - arrive anytime between 1:00 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.
Late Arrivals, Residence Life Office, Alston 212 - 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Summit and New Student Orientation
The Goizueta Foundation New Student Leadership Immersion (GFLI), a new program under the Summit Initiative, is a three-day, off-campus experience that facilitates the development of leadership skills necessary for students to transition to and thrive within the Agnes Scott Community. This program initiates the leadership development curriculum at the college. The 2015 GFLI will take place August 22 - 24 at Camp Twin Lakes in Rutledge, GA. All new students (first year and transfer) will attend. If you would like to know more information about this location, click here. Throughout the GFLI new Scotties will participate in workshops led by Agnes Scott College faculty and staff that focus on self awareness and leadership, developing interpersonal, intrapersonal and management skills, and academic skill development.
* Scotties who require accomodations to participate in the GFLI, or who have specific needs they would like to share with the program planners can share needs/accommodation requests here. Please also register with Kelly Deasy in the Office of Disability Services.
The New Student Orientation program is full of events and activities to welcome new Scotties to the Agnes Scott College community and integrate you to the social and academic fabric of the college. Some of our traditional new student orientation events include:
- Welcome to Orientation (for students)
- Happy Hour with the Parent's Council for families (21+ only)
- Summit Advisor sessions with Scotties and family members
- Academic Fair for Scotties and family members
- Community Dinner
- Social Activities in the Residence Halls
- President's Breakfast and Scottie send off
- Scotties depart for the GFLI at Camp Twin Lakes - we will return to campus on Monday for dinner
- Linens and towels provided, students should plan to pack a separate bag - recommended items)
- Parent/Family Programming
- Easing Your Mind - panel with ASC staff/faculty
- Exploring Summit with the Associate Dean of the College and faculty (over lunch)
- Helping Your Scottie Transition
- First in Family
*Parent/Family members who plan to participate in the above activities should complete this registration form.
Family members' programming ends Saturday, August 22 at approximately 3:30pm
The schedule in its entirety will be posted on this site on August 3, 2015. International students will receive their schedule in its entirety upon their arrival to campus and should coordinate their arrival dates with the Office of International Education.