Recycling at Agnes Scott
Agnes Scott offers single-stream recycling throughout campus, for every community member and visitor. Single stream makes it easy for you to recycle since all materials go into one container—no sorting required! Recycling is also available at all on-campus events, so you can recycle for all occasions! By recycling, we are able to move toward our goal of Zero-Waste and Climate Neutrality.
Single-Stream Recyclable Items:
• Plastics #1-7 (NOT STYROFOAM)
• Aluminum cans
• Glass (NOT BROKEN GLASS)
• Newspaper/phone books
Recycling Locations: Use the blue bins or bins with blue bags located throughout campus.
Miscellaneous Recyclable Items:
• Disks, including CDs, DVDs, etc.
• Light Bulbs, including CFLs
• Cell phones
• Ink/Toner Cartridges (can also be taken to any Cartridge World Collection box: 2nd Floor Alston, ITS, Dean of Students office)
Recycling Locations: Office of Sustainability, at Bullock G-08
If you have college-owned, broken electronic equipment, you can take it to the ITS office in Walters Hall for recycling. All other small electronics can be brought to the Office of Sustainability to be recycled with Decatur's electronics recycling days in March and October. For a complete list of recyclables, contact the Office of Sustainability at email@example.com.
- Pour out any liquid and wipe items clean before placing in recycling bins.
- Break down any large cardboard and place beside bin.
- Report all broken glass to a custodian.