Policies and Forms

2015-2016 Housing Contract

Agnes Scott students sign up for housing for the academic year. Please see the 2015-2016 Housing Contract for the rights and responsibilities for on campus living. 

Off-Campus Housing Application:

Agnes Scott College is a residential liberal arts institution. The residential environment is a key component of each student’s college experience. Students enrolled at Agnes Scott College are expected to live in on campus housing for the duration of their tenure at the college. Any exception to this policy must be approved by the Office of Residence Life. Exceptions to this requirement are contained within this document and the student handbook. Request for Fall 2016 are due March 1st for current students and June 1st for newly admitted students.

Special Accommodation Form

All Agnes Scott College students are encouraged to take full advantage of the residential experience by sharing rooms with other Agnes Scott students. However, sometimes students have specific needs that indicate the sharing of a room can be detrimental to their physical/ mental health and/or ability to be successful at Agnes Scott. In these cases, students can request special accommodations that may include access to air conditioning, a single room, or access to a private bath. Students must fill out the special accommodation form and provide appropriate documentation to ensure appropriate housing accommodations are provided. You must turn this form in to Kelly Deasy from Office of Disability Services, Office of Academic Advising, in Buttrick Hall 104. Request for Fall 2016 are due March 1st for current students and June 1st for newly admitted students.

Break Housing Registration:

During periods were the college is closed for breaks, students may register for break housing. These breaks are Thanksgiving, Spring and Winter breaks. Thanksgiving and Spring break have no fee. To stay the entire Winter break there is a $225 fee, and to stay for a day, there is a $30 fee. Only students approved to stay can be in the residence halls during the breaks. Please complete the break housing registration if you will need to be on campus for a break. Request are limited to students with extenuating circumstances and must be submitted before the advertised deadlines: Thanksgiving Break request due November 1st, Winter Break request due December 1st, and Spring Break request are due no later than March 1st

Meal Plan Change Request Form

All residential students must have a meal plan. Plan options (outlined below) are based on your class year and residence:

  • Avery Glen and Theme Houses: 10, 16 or 21 meal plan
  • Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors in Campbell, Main, Rebekah, Inman, Hopkins, Winship or Walters: 16 or 21 meal plan
  • First-Year Students: 21 meal plan
  • Commuter students do not have to purchase a meal plan.

If you wish to change your meal plan, you must fill out the meal plan change request form. No meal plan changes are accepted after the second week of the semester (for example, before Sept. 9 for fall 2015 or before Feb. 3 for spring 2016).

Party Registration Form:  

Any resident residing in the Theme Houses or Avery Glen Apartments must fill out this form in order to request a social gathering of 13 or more people. You must fill out this form to register a gathering at least 5 business days in advance of your event. A mandatory meeting between all house/apartment residents and the Graduate Hall Director of Assistant Director of Residence Life will be scheduled as a pre-condition of approval. All students at the gathering must abide by the Residencial Rules & Regulations, and follow the Student Code of Conduct as found in the Student Handbook. For more information on the Party Policy, please see the Avery Glen Welcome Packet.