Do I have to live on campus?

Residential life is an important part of your liberal arts college experience—providing you with opportunities to learn, make friends and have fun. All students are expected to live on campus. To request an exception, you must submit an off-campus housing request, found under policies and forms section

When do students move in for the next semester?

How much does it cost to live on campus?

How much does the meal plan cost?

Do I have to have a meal plan?

All residential students are required to have a meal plan. These are your options based on your class year and residence:

  • Avery Glen and Theme Houses: 10, 16 or 21 meal plan
  • Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors in Main, Rebekah, Inman, Hopkins, Winship, Walters: 16 or 21 meal plan
  • First-Years: 21 meal plan 
Commuter students do not have to purchase a meal plan.

How do I change my meal plan?

Only upper-class residents can request meal plan changes during the first two weeks of the semester.

To request a change, you must e-mail mdumas-patterson@agnesccott.edu with the following information:

  • Your name
  • ID number
  • Current meal plan
  • New meal plan

How does Agnes Scott assign halls?

All first-year students will be assigned to either Walters or Winship halls. First year students have the option to select their own roommates using Please Don’t Snore a roommate matching software. Students who do not select a roommate will be matched by the office of residence life.

Transfer students are assigned in all halls based upon availability.

Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors participate in a housing lottery process during spring semester.  During the lottery, students choose their assignment based upon a seniority point system.

Agnes Scott will mail you a letter with your hall and roommate assignment in mid-July for fall semester and early January for spring semester.

Can I loft my bed?

Lofts may not be constructed or erected in any residence hall room. However most beds on campus are adjustable

What are the sizes of the mattresses?

Mattresses are twin extra long

Are microwaves, refrigerators and other appliances allowed in the residence halls?

Microwaves and refrigerators are provided in common areas of each resident halls. These appliances are shared by the other residents in that hall/floor. Small appliances such as coffee machines and toasters are prohibited from use inside a resident’s room, but may be taken and used in the common kitchen space in the building.

Can students remain on campus during breaks? Are the dining halls open?

Students can remain on campus during semester or holiday breaks. Students are required to register for Thanksgiving, Winter and Spring Breaks. Winter Break has a $225 fee. Dining halls are not open during the break periods and campus services are limited.

What do I do if I am having a problem with my roommate?

Resident Assistants are a great resource to provide guidance and support when challenges occur between roommates. Students should go to their RA and request assistance to navigate problems with a roommate. RA’s will often facilitate mediation between two roommates. If problems persist the RA will utilize the graduate hall director or director of residence life to help resolve the issue.

I’m concerned about a friend, who should I contact?

Safety is our first priority and supporting students who are facing challenges on a variety of issues is one of our primary goals. Regardless of the challenge, getting support is very important. Please see our Department of Public Safety page for campus safety resources.