Internal Grants for Faculty
Agnes Scott College supports faculty development through several internal grant programs. The Office of Sponsored Programs provides administrative support for faculty at the application stage, at the award stage, and to the committees reviewing proposals for internal awards.
Submission Forms for Internal Grants for Faculty
Be sure to rename the forms before submitting them using the following convention:
- If your CV is required, it should follow this format: [ProgramName]-[YourLastName]-[YourFirstName]-[CV]-[Year].docx (or .pdf)
2015 STEM Scholars Program
As a result of generous funding from the Goizueta Foundation and the Frances Marx Shillinglaw Women in Science Endowment Fund, the College has available funding to support faculty-student collaborative research for summer 2015.
The Goizueta Foundation has awarded ASC a three-year grant to establish the STEM Scholars Program. The goal of this program is to provide experiences for STEM students that will prepare them for success in graduate school in STEM fields. For purposes of this grant, STEM fields are defined as astrophysics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, neuroscience and physics. The programmatic activities planned as part of the STEM Scholars Program include, but are not limited to:
- Help STEM students succeed in their science and math courses
- Guide students in the preparation of successful REU and other summer research program applications
- Prepare students for successful summer research experiences
- Faculty salaries, student salaries and research supplies for on-campus summer research with ASC faculty
- Student travel to present research at regional or national meetings of scientific societies
- Student salaries to complete a mentored-research project at another institution
During June and July 2015, the Goizueta Foundation STEM Scholars Program and the Frances Marx Shillinglaw Women in Science Endowment Fund will provide funding for faculty-student collaborative research, with funding categories and amounts as follows:
- Faculty salary $3000 (June, 4 weeks) or $6000 (June and July, 8 weeks) (Faculty with active grant funding cannot receive extra salary, but may request funding for one student researcher.)
- Student salaries** $10/hour, for 40 hours per week up to a maximum of 8 weeks (Faculty without active grant support may request funding for up to two student researchers.)
- Supplies $750.00
Submit your faculty projects by March 30, 2015 to be considered for the 2015 STEM Scholars Program.