Frequently Asked Questions

Plans for Fall 2021

As announced in President Zak's email on 3/17/21: Classes will be held in-person beginning on Monday, August 23, 2021.

Questions you may have:

How do I add or drop ASC classes?

To add a class, please use the online form Add Form-Fall 2021
  • The last day to add a class for fall is September 1st.
To drop a class, use the online form Drop Form-Fall 2021
  • The last day to drop a class without a "W" grade is September 10th
  • The last day to drop a class with a "W" grade is October 25th

When can I begin registering for fall 2021 classes?

The fall 2021 class schedules are available on AscAgnes. Graduate students will begin registering on April 8. The class of 2022 on April 12; class of 2023 on April 19; and the class of 2024 on April 26. Please remember that all undergraduate students must meet with their advisor and clear all holds prior to registration.  

Did the pass/fail policy change for fall 2020 and spring 2021?

Yes, as announced in Dr. Cozzens' email on November 9, 2020, after careful deliberation the faculty agreed to a temporary pass/fail policy.  However, the temporary policy was only in place for classes taken during the fall 2020 and the spring 2021 semesters.  The use of the standard pass/fail policy resumed at the start of the summer 2021 semester. You may view the standard pass/fail policy on page 54 of the Undergraduate Academic Catalog 2021-2022.

How do I add a directed reading (410), directed research (440), senior thesis (490) or internship (450)?

Forms for directed reading (410), directed research (440), senior thesis (490) are available from the Office of Academic Advising. Forms for Internships (450) are available in the Office of Internship and Career Development.  Please note that these forms have a much earlier deadline than the add deadline.

Where do I find the forms that are usually in the Registrar's office?

Our forms are posted on the Registrar forms page. This includes the add form, drop form, waiver/substitution form, pass/fail form, name change form, and request to change anticipated graduation date. If you do not see the one you are looking for, please email or call 404-471-6137.

How can I request an official transcript?

Students should continue to use our online transcript ordering system through the National Student Clearinghouse to request official transcripts. There is a fee of $5.25 per transcript. Because many offices are working remotely during this time, we will reduce the frequency of mailing transcripts and will mail transcripts at least once per week. Please keep in mind that mail to certain countries may take longer than expected due to airline travel restrictions. Also keep in mind that the school or business that you are sending your transcript to may be closed or working remotely.  The quickest delivery option is Electronic PDF or Electronic Exchange. Check with your recipient to see if they will accept your transcript electronically. The PDF transcript should be sent directly to the recipient's email address. If you email it to yourself and forward it, it will no longer be considered official. 

How can I request an unofficial transcript?

Current students that would like an unofficial transcript may stop by the Office of the Registrar and request an unofficial transcript. It will be printed within 24 hours and you may pick it up in person. Please bring your current Agnes Scott College ID with you.  

How can I submit my academic program declaration (major/minor/specialization)?

How can I submit the pink waiver/substitution form?

The waiver/substitution form is available as a fillable PDF on the Registrar forms page. Please fill out the form, print it then seek the appropriate department chair's signature(s) for approval. Submit the signed form to the Office of the Registrar in Buttrick Hall, Room 101B.  

**Please use your Agnes Scott email address when communicating with the Registrar's office.  International students who are not able to access Gmail may use a personal email address as necessary, please include your name and ASC ID number.

I am a student at another college or university and want to take classes at Agnes Scott, what do I need to do?

Students who are in good standing at another institution may apply to be a transient student by submitting the transient form to the Registrar's office. You will also need to submit a transcript and letter of good standing either by email or mail. To view our list of classes, check AscAgnes. Email   

Check this page often for more updates and announcements specific to the Registrar's office.   


Who to Contact About...
  • Sending my ASC transcript
  • Getting an Enrollment Verification Letter
  • Reserving or changing a classroom reservation
  • ARCHE Cross Registration
  • Adding or dropping classes
  • general registration or transcript questions
  • Transfer credit
  • AP/IB scores
  • Address change (students)
  • Name change (students)
  • Major/Minor declaration
  • Degree audit
  • Incoming transcripts for transfer credit
  • Adding or dropping classes
  • Waiver/Substitution forms
  • Academic Catalog
  • Graduation
  • New courses/CCFs 
  • Data Requests
  • Degree Audit


Contact: Associate Registrar of  Operations and Scheduling,
Tracy Ward

Contact: Associate Registrar,
Mr. Stacey Robbins

Contact: Registrar,
Gail Meis

Office Hours: The office will be open for in-person visits Monday-Friday 9 a.m. -12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. We are available by phone or email Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. 

Helpful Resources:
ITS - Students may contact ITS with questions about technology and internet access 404-471-5487 or
McCain Library -
You@Agnes -  YOU@ Agnes an anonymous online well-being platform.