2019 Heiskell Award

iie_100_2_18_2019731-1-1.jpgOn February 19, Assistant Dean for Global Learning,  Gundolf Graml and Associate Vice President for Global Learning and Leadership Development, Elaine-Meyer Lee accepted the 2019 Heiskell Award for Scholars as Drivers of Innovation on behalf of the college. The award recognized the key role that scholars and faculty play in advancing curriculum development, fostering international opportunities, integrating industry, and driving the internationalization of a campus.

The Heiskell Award is chosen based on a set of college-wide global learning goals. Faculty from across the academic disciplines collaborate to offer a program that combines required general education, elective global learning courses, and co-curricular programming to provide all students with the competencies and critical skills for thriving in a global environment. Agnes Scott College received the award because of the SUMMIT curriculum. 

Prior to the implementation of SUMMIT, 40 to 50 percent of students studied abroad.  After the launch of SUMMIT, nearly 90 percent of students have an international travel experience through Global Journeys;  the remaining 10 percent engage in a domestic global-local experience. 

This spring, Agnes Scott students travel to Peru, Ghana Chile and Morocco as part of their Global Journeys trip.

Agnes Scott College educates women to think deeply, live honorably and engage the intellectual and social challenges of their times. Students are drawn to Agnes Scott by its excellent academic reputation, exceptional faculty and metropolitan Atlanta location—offering myriad social, cultural and experiential learning opportunities. This highly selective liberal arts college is known for its diverse and dynamic intellectual community. Through SUMMIT, it provides every student, regardless of major, with an individualized course of study and co-curricular experiences that develop leadership abilities and understanding of complex global dynamics.