Use Atlanta Libraries
Agnes Scott College students, faculty, and staff are able to check out books from local colleges and universities who participate in the Atlanta Regional Council for Higher Education (ARCHE). Stop by the McCain Library Reference Desk to apply for an Interlibrary Use (ILU) card to any of the following libraries:
- Atlanta University Center: Catalog | Directions | Visitor Info
- Brenau University
- Clayton State University: Catalog | Directions
- Columbia Theological Seminary: Catalog | Directions | Visitor Info
- Emory University: Catalog | Directions | Visitor Info
(also see, Cliff Bus Guide & Visitor Guide to Emory Library created by Thelsea Scott '14)
- Georgia Gwinnett College: Catalog | Directions
- Georgia Institute of Technology: Catalog | Directions | Visitor Info
- Georgia State University: Catalog | Directions & Visitor Info
- Kennesaw State University: Catalog | Directions | Visitor Info
- Mercer University (Atlanta Campus): Catalog | Directions
- Morehouse School of Medicine: Catalog | Visitor Info
- Oglethorpe University: Catalog | Directions | Hours
- Savannah College of Art and Design-Atlanta: Directions
- Southern Polytechnic State University: Catalog | Directions
- University of West Georgia: Catalog | Directions
- University of Georgia: Catalog | Directions | Visitor Info
How to Apply for an Interlibrary Use Card
McCain Library resources must be fully utilized before an ILU Card is issued. Ask a reference librarian to assist you - they will search the catalog, key databases relating to the topic, as well as the catalog of the library you intend to visit. You must be in good standing to receive an ILU Card (no high fines or outstanding billed books). Fill out a short application form - this allows us to track subject areas and courses for which students need supplemental material.
Access Books, Movies, and More from Dekalb County Public Library
Agnes Scott students are also eligible for a Dekalb County Library card. This provides access to Decatur Public Library (in downtown Decatur), additional library databases, and downloadable audio and ebook collections. To obtain a Dekalb County Public Library card just bring a piece of mail sent to your Agnes Scott College address and your Agnes Scott College id to the Circulation Desk at any Dekalb County Public Library location.
Search for Books
Use WorldCat to search all local and national library catalogs.
Use Interlibrary Loan
If you do not have time to visit a local library or if the item you need is located in another state, use Interlibrary Loan to have it sent to McCain Library.