What is lynda.com?
lynda.com provides a vast online library of instructional videos covering the latest software, creative, and business skills. Taught by accomplished teachers and recognized industry experts, lynda.com is a high-quality resource for students, faculty, and staff looking to develop skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, project management, social media, and a wide range of other topics.
How can lynda.com support me?
- Keeps you current on technology
- Tracks your individual training progress
- Inspires you to be more effective and productive
- Lets you learn at your own pace—anytime, anywhere
- Supplements curricula and teaches technical skills outside of class or as part of an Agnes Scott course. Agnes Scott faculty, if you want to have students in your course complete or have access to specific Lynda.com content, contact the ITS Help desk and we will setup a course group for you.
- Provides certificates of completion you can post on LinkedIn
- Offers personal and professional development
How can I get the most out of lynda.com?
- Set aside time every week for online training
- Visit lynda.com regularly for a listing of new and updated courses
- Watch the welcome video of a course to check out its training content
- Use bookmarks to indicate favorite videos or courses
- Create and share course playlists
- Download exercise files and practice applying knowledge as you go
- Subscribe to the lynda.com blog RSS feed and newsletter, and follow lynda.com on Twitter and Facebook
How can I access lynda.com at Agnes Scott?
- Accounts for all faculty, staff and students will be setup Monday, August 18th. You will receive an email from lynda.com (firstname.lastname@example.org) letting you know Agnes Scott has created an account for you.
- Once you receive your email, complete your Lynda.com profile by clicking the link provided in the email to setup your password.
- You can access your Lynda.com account from anywhere you have Internet connectivity and going to http://lynda.com and then log in with your Agnes Scott email address.
I already have a Lynda.com account, what do I need to do?
- If you have used your Agnes Scott email address for your personal Lynda.com account, we will not be able to create a campus Lynda.com account for you until you let us know that you would like your personal account moved to the campus access. ITS will notify our Lynda.com support personnel and request the migration and we will then be able to setup your access.
- If you have an account under a different email address, it is your decision to keep or cancel the subscription.
Where should I start?
View the How to use lynda.com course to learn how to find, access, and view lynda.com tutorials.
How can I get help?
Contact the ITS Help Desk at email@example.com or 404 471-5487.