Center for Teaching & Learning
About the Center
- The Center respects differences among faculty, staff, and students, and among disciplines; it values a wide range of teaching and learning styles.
- The Center views teaching and learning as joint enterprises of faculty, students, and staff.
- The Center encourages faculty, staff, and students to be especially reflective about the teaching and learning of women and of diverse populations.
- Participation in Center activities is voluntary.
- The Center shall be a repository of information, both at its physical site and on its webpage.
- The work of the Center shall remain unrelated to formal evaluations of faculty and staff, except for those employed at the Center.
- The Center protects privileged information, including the content of private consultations and evaluations.
- The Center collaborates with other programs on campus to develop and promote activities consistent with its mission.
- The Center supports the mission of the College, to educate “women to think deeply, live honorably and engage the intellectual and social challenges of their times.”