Georgia Military College Transfers
Women who earn an associate's degree from Georgia Military College will be guaranteed admission to Agnes Scott College provided the following criteria are met:
- Apply for admission to Agnes Scott College by the stated deadlines published by Agnes Scott College
- Submit the TAG Adviser Recommendation (PDF)
- Earn a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0
- Graduate from Georgia Military College with no academic or social disciplinary sanctions
The following transfer credit limitations pertain:
- A maximum of 60 semester hours will be accepted from Georgia Military College for transfer to Agnes Scott College.
- Transfer credit is given for grades of C or better in courses comparable to those offered at Agnes Scott College or applicable to the degree program offered at Agnes Scott College.
- No credit is given for academic courses without letter grades. This includes academic courses taken for pass/fail or satisfactory/unsatisfactory grades.
- No transfer credit grades will be used in computing cumulative GPAs at Agnes Scott College.
- Transfer credits may apply to a student's major at Agnes Scott College. A minimum of 16 hours toward a major, however, must be completed in Agnes Scott College upper-level academic courses.
Please note these specifics about attained junior class standing:
- Students at Agnes Scott College are considered juniors when they have completed 60 semester hours (64 semester hours are normal progress) and declared a major.
- Georgia Military College transfer students are not automatically considered juniors, but if they meet the criteria above (i.e., have 60 hours of transferable credit), they will attain junior class standing.