East Georgia College Transfers
Women who earn an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree from
East Georgia College will be guaranteed admission to Agnes Scott College
provided the following criteria are met:
- Apply for admission to Agnes Scott College by the stated deadlines published by Agnes Scott College
- Submit the TAG Adviser Recommendation (PDF)
- Earn a cumulative GPA of at least 2.8
- Graduate from East Georgia College with no academic or social disciplinary sanctions
The following transfer credit limitations pertain:
- A maximum of 64 semester hours will be accepted from East Georgia College for transfer to Agnes Scott College.
- Transfer credit is given for grades of C- or better in courses
comparable to those offered at Agnes Scott College or applicable to the
degree program offered at Agnes Scott College.
- No credit is given for academic courses without letter grades. This
includes academic courses taken for pass/fail or
- No transfer credit grades will be used in computing cumulative GPAs at Agnes Scott College.
- Transfer credits may apply to a student's major at Agnes Scott
College. A minimum of 16 hours toward a major, however, must be
completed in Agnes Scott College upper-level academic courses.
Please note these specifics about attained junior class standing:
- Students at Agnes Scott College are considered juniors when they
have completed 60 semester hours (64 semester hours are normal progress)
and declared a major.
- East Georgia College transfer students are not automatically
considered juniors, but if they meet the criteria above (i.e., have 60
hours of transferable credit), they will attain junior class standing.