Cottey College Transfers
Guaranteed AdmissionWomen who earn an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree from Cottey College and meet the following criteria will be guaranteed admission to Agnes Scott College:
- Apply for admission to Agnes Scott by the college’s stated deadlines
- Submit the TAG Adviser Recommendation (PDF)
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.8
- Graduate from Cottey College with no academic or social disciplinary sanctions
Check the Courses that Will TransferCourse Transfer Guide (PDF 65 KB)
Transfer Credit Limitations:
- A maximum of 64 semester hours will be accepted from Cottey College for transfer to Agnes Scott.
- Transfer credit is given for grades of C- or better in courses comparable to those offered at Agnes Scott or applicable to the degree program offered at Agnes Scott.
- No credit is given for academic courses without letter grades. This includes academic courses taken for pass/fail or satisfactory/unsatisfactory grades.
- No transfer credit grades will be used in computing cumulative grade point averages at Agnes Scott.
- Transfer credits may apply to a student’s major at Agnes Scott. A minimum of 16 hours toward a major, however, must be completed in Agnes Scott upper-level academic courses.
Please note these specifics about attaining junior class standing:
- Students at Agnes Scott are considered juniors when they have completed 60 semester hours (64 semester hours are normal progress) and declared a major.
- Cottey College transfer students are not automatically considered juniors, but if they meet the criteria above (i.e., have 60 hours of transferable credit), they will attain junior class standing.
Since no two colleges are alike, there are some differences between the curricula at Cottey College and Agnes Scott. Here are some recommendations about courses to take at Cottey College before transferring to Agnes Scott:
- Agnes Scott students must take one mathematics course to meet the mathematics standard. Cottey College’s MAT-101 (no credit), MAT-103 (no credit) and MAT-104 (elective credit only) do not meet this standard. It is recommended that students take another math course at Cottey or fulfill this requirement at Agnes Scott.
- Students at Agnes Scott must attain intermediate proficiency in a foreign language. This entails completing a 202-level course in a foreign language at Cottey College or Agnes Scott.
- Students at Cottey College working on an Associate in Arts degree should note that students at Agnes Scott must complete two natural science courses, one of which must include a lab. It is recommended that Cottey College students take one lab science and one additional science course (with or without a lab).
- The Cottey College core curriculum requires students to take one humanities course, one social science course and one fine arts course. Agnes Scott requires that students take one literature course, one religious or philosophical thought course, one historical studies or classical civilizations course, one fine arts course and one social science course.
- Agnes Scott offers a dance major and minor. Cottey College dance courses may transfer as credit toward the dance curriculum or as no-credit physical education courses to fulfill the physical education standard.
- Certain Cottey College courses may not transfer to Agnes Scott. Please contact Agnes Scott’s Office of the Registrar at 404.471.6045 with specific questions.