Students who are planning to major or minor in psychology should consult with a department faculty member as early in their college careers as possible.
Psychology majors are encouraged strongly to obtain additional experience outside of the classroom through internships, conducting research or studying abroad.
NOTE: Students with a neuroscience major may not double-major or minor in psychology.
Requirements for the Psychology Major
- The minimum number of credits required is 40.
- Required core courses 101,102, 206, 207
- At least one of the following capstone experiences 400, 406, 410, 490
- At least two of the following core areas: 251, 311, 315, 323
- At least two of the following core areas: 200, 305, 312
- At least one of the following electives: 201, 202, 204, 205, 211, 214, 230, 240, 250, 324
Students must complete 101, 102, 206 and 207 with a grade of C- or higher.