Linkage agreements allow students in the post baccalaureate pre medical program to avoid the “glide year”, the year between filing the AMCAS application and matriculation by initiating the application process to a medical program. Students must meet the criteria outlined for the respective program, in addition to the academic requirements of the post baccalaureate pre medical program.
Mercer University Linkage Agreement
Agnes Scott’s Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical (PBPM) students meeting certain qualifications are guaranteed early entrance into Mercer University School of Medicine.
PBPM students can enroll in medical school immediately upon completion of Agnes Scott’s PBPM program instead of spending the next year applying to medical schools. By participating in the Agnes Scott-Mercer linkage program, you can avoid the “glide year” and be a year closer to reaching your goal of becoming a physician.
To qualify for the Mercer linkage program, you must:
- Be a resident of Georgia
- Be willing to practice primary care in rural or underserved Georgia
- Enter Agnes Scott’s PBPM program in the summer session
Once you have been selected to apply under the linkage agreement, you must:
- Complete all prerequisite science courses required by Mercer
- Complete all Agnes Scott PBPM requirements
- Maintain an overall grade point average of 3.5 or greater in the PBPM program
- Earn at least a 28 on the MCAT
- Continue to demonstrate the personal, ethical and professional qualities required of Mercer’s School of Medicine students