Agnes Scott College fosters an environment in which students develop high expectations for themselves as individuals, scholars, professionals and citizens of the world. Students completing the post baccalaureate pre medical program continue to develop innovative roles, become leaders in advancing medicine, and serve as commendable role models for excellence in medical practice throughout the world. In order to be eligible for admission you need:
- A non-science degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- 3.5 minimum undergraduate grade point average; exceptions may be considered for applicants whose college graduation was several years ago; Transfer credits that are not included in the GPA calculation of an applicant's degree-granting institution will be considered when determining the cumulative GPA for admission to this program.
- GRE scores above the 50th percentile (scores may not be more than 5 years old)
- A one - two page double spaced statement detailing your purpose for study, your educational background, your interest in a health professions career and your personal goals.
- 2 academic letters of recommendation (if you have been out of school for 2 or more years we will accept 2 professional recommendations)
- $50 application fee
Please Note: This program is not designed for students who are seeking to enhance their undergraduate science GPA and/or improve their MCAT scores. In addition, if an applicant has completed more than half of the medical school admissions requirements you are not eligible to apply. Individuals seeking to raise their undergraduate science GPA and/or improve their MCAT scores may want to consider a program that focuses on academic record enhancement. Information about these programs may be found on the American Association of Medical Colleges website.
The deadline is March 1 for summer and fall enrollment. You are only eligible to apply for fall enrollment if you have completed General Chemistry I and II.
Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis, so early application is encouraged. Review of an application will occur only after the file contains all of the required components. Admitted students have a minimum of 30 days in which to accept the offer of admission and submit a $350 nonrefundable enrollment deposit.