Alumnae & Visitors
The primary mission of McCain Library is to support the information and research needs of our current students, faculty and staff. We also regularly serve alumnae, family of faculty and staff, ARCHE interlibrary use patrons, and special guests of the college. Library privileges extended to alumnae, visitors, and other "guest borrowers" are intended to supplement the resources available through the guest's own employer, school or public library.
Visitors to McCain Library are asked to introduce themselves at the Circulation Desk by presenting a valid picture ID and signing the visitor register log each time they use the library.
- Directions & Stacks Guide
- Borrowing Privileges
- Access to Computers and Electronic Resources
- Alumnae Access to JSTOR and Project Muse
There is a reference librarian on duty nearly all hours the library is open. Please ask for guidance in finding resources, if needed. You also may call 404-471-6096 for assistance or email a question.
To facilitate the on-site use of materials we provide photocopy machines (that cost ten cents per page and accept $1 and $5 bills).
The following services are not available to alumnae or other categories of guest borrowers:
- circulation of audiovisual materials (such as DVDs or CDs) or audiovisual equipment;
- placing of holds and recalls;
- ARCHE interlibrary use cards;
- interlibrary loan;
- use of group study rooms and media viewing rooms;
- use of scanners;
- and off-campus/remote access to GALILEO and/or other databases. [Individuals in Georgia may obtain a GALILEO password from their public library. Alumnae may request JSTOR access.]