McCain Library is both a knowledge space and a gateway to resources and services. The Library’s mission is to support and enrich the educational program of Agnes Scott College, contributing to graduating students capable of finding, evaluating and synthesizing information.
To that end, McCain Library’s broad goals are to:
- provide appropriate, balanced collections for the undergraduate learning and teaching objectives of a strong liberal arts and sciences institution;
- offer instructional services that teach members of the ASC community to be critical and efficient users of informational and research resources;
- serve as an archival repository for maintaining and disseminating the history and culture of the College;
- be a physical and virtual user-centered environment to meet the curricular, research and study needs of ASC students, faculty and staff, and a partner to the broader scholarly community;
- maintain high user satisfaction levels with our collections, environment and services, and to compare favorably against peer benchmarks; and develop a staff that strives to deliver services based upon best practices.