Arseneau Award Application Process
When to Submit Nominations?
A call for nominations will be sent out during spring semester. All nominations should be emailed to Elizabeth Bagley (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Library Services, McCain Library.
Who is Eligible to Apply
To be eligible (self-nominations accepted), a nominee must be a current Agnes Scott College junior or senior: committed to pursuing a career in librarianship by continuing her education in a master of library science or information management program OR who has made significant contributions to McCain Library while working as a library student assistant.
What to Submit?
Send an email or a letter that includes:
- Nominee's name and class year;
- Your name, phone number and email (if different from nominee);
- Description of the nominee's interest in the library profession as a career, and/or her student assistant contributions to McCain Library;
- Nominee’s major and approximate GPA;
- Nominee’s campus activities at ASC; and
- Nominee’s plans following graduation.
Keep in mind that external reviewers will be part of the selection process. Even if the nominee knows the library staff well it is important to fully describe the nominee's accomplishments, contributions and career goals. Nominations will only be evaluated based on the information provided in the nomination. Personal knowledge of a nominee will not be considered if it is not included in the nomination.
Are Self-nominations Allowed?
Yes, please nominate yourself! If you are a McCain Library student worker, please nominate yourself. Since the McCain Library staff is part of the review committee, library staff members may not nominate students for this award.