Majors and Minors
Requirements for the Human Rights Minor
A minimum of six courses (or 24 hours, including the internship). Three of these courses must be taken at Agnes Scott; not more than three courses at or below the 200 level.
POL-125 (Introduction to Human Rights) and HR-450 or WS-450 (Internship in Human Rights). Internship should be selected in consultation with the director and may be chosen from an established list of Atlanta organizations; students may also propose other courses, projects or options—including approved international experiences.Related Courses
- Group 1: One of the following: PHI-101 (Introduction to Ethics), PHI 106 (Medical Ethics), PHI 109 (when topic is Environmental Ethics), PHI 112 (Moral Problems), PHI 212 (Moral Philosophy), REL 363 (Religious Social Ethics), REL 385 (EDU 385)
- Group 2: Three additional courses chosen in consultation with the human rights director from the approved list of courses. These courses must come from at least two disciplines.
- ANT 245, 340, 482
- ENG 218 (when topic relates to Human Rights), 352
- HIS 230, 253, 318, 335, 342
- PHI 101, 106, 109 (when topic is environmental ethics), 112, 212, 245
- POL 203, 355, 360, 420
- REL 363, 385 (EDU 385)
- SOC 230, 301, 325
- WS 110, 235, 263 (when topic relates to Human Rights), 340, 363 (when topic relates to Human Rights)