Majors and Minors
Students majoring in German must complete a final project and present it at a special meeting of the German Studies faculty. The project is usually planned and prepared as part of German 480.
Requirements for the German Major
- Required Courses 200, 210, 222, 324, 480, three additional 300-level courses
- Majors must take a minimum of eight courses beyond German 202.
- German 211 does not count towards the major.
Entering students who are placed in an advanced level of German may be given permission to complete the major with fewer than eight courses. Permission is given by the program director and the assistant dean of the college.
Students in the German Studies Major are strongly encouraged to study abroad for at least one semester.
Requirements for the German Minor
- 210, 324, three additional courses beyond German 202
- German 211 does not count towards the minor.
Students in the German Studies Minor are strongly encouraged to study abroad for at least one semester.