Department of Economics and Business Management
MBA Linkage Program with Georgia Tech
Are you interested in pursuing a Master of Business Administration (MBA) after graduating from Agnes Scott? Would you like to learn more about what an MBA is, what it can do for you, and what you can do to gain admittance to a highly-ranked MBA program?
Agnes Scott’s MBA Linkage Program is a partnership with Georgia Tech’s Scheller College of Business designed to encourage women from liberal arts backgrounds to pursue graduate work and careers in business. Interested Agnes Scott students apply for the program in the spring of their junior year.
Accepted students have opportunities to gain knowledge on a variety of business topics, receive advice on preparing a competitive MBA application, obtain career guidance, and start developing a network of business professionals. Students who meet the program requirements are also guaranteed an admissions interview.
MBA Linkage Program opportunities and privileges provided by Georgia Tech’s Scheller College of Business include:
- Access to Georgia Tech MBA recruiting events.
- Access to Scheller College of Business events including IMPACT Speaker Series, an opportunity to network and learn from successful entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and notable business and non-profit leaders.
- Membership in the Scheller College of Business chapter of MBA Women Internationa.
- Access to a GMAT prep seminar provided by the Scheller College of Business.
- Guidance on the MBA Linkage Program candidacy, provided by a Scheller College of Business representative prior to applying.
- Guidance on career progress after one year of professional experience, provided by a Scheller College of Business representative after the student graduates from Agnes Scott.
- A guaranteed Georgia Tech MBA admission interview for Linkage Program students who meet all of the requirements (specified below).
- Priority funding consideration for Linkage Program participants who are granted admission to the Georgia Tech MBA program.
Agnes Scott students from all majors are encouraged to apply to the MBA Linkage Program. The Georgia Tech MBA program values strong applicants from all disciplines within the humanities, the sciences, and the social sciences.
To be admitted into the MBA Linkage Program, an Agnes Scott junior must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain an overall cumulative grade point average of 3.3 or greater at Agnes Scott with no individual grade of less than “C” in any course and without repeating any Agnes Scott courses.
- Complete a calculus course with a grade of “C” or better.
- Attend an MBA information session on the Georgia Tech campus prior to submitting an MBA Linkage Program application.
- Obtain a letter of endorsement from the MBA Linkage Program Director at Agnes Scott (Associate Professor of Management Thomas Will).
MBA Linkage Program participants who decide to apply to the Georgia Tech MBA program after graduating from Agnes Scott must meet the following additional requirements:
- Achieve a score of 650 or higher on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) with verbal and quantitative percentile scores at a minimum of 50% each; or achieve a score of 316 (80th percentile) or higher on the Graduate Records Exam (GRE).
- Submit the complete Georgia Tech MBA application by the stated deadline after gaining a minimum of two years of meaningful professional experience (an applicant should have three years of meaningful professional experience when enrolling in the MBA program).
Agnes Scott students who will be seniors in the 2014-15 academic year should apply to the program by April 15, 2014. The application may be downloaded here and submitted, along with an official or unofficial Agnes Scott transcript, to Professor Thomas Will's office, Buttrick Hall G-29B.
Georgia Tech’s Scheller College of Business is located six miles from Agnes Scott College, in Midtown Atlanta. The College offers top-ranked Full-time, Evening and Executive MBA programs. Visit the Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business Website to learn more and to register for an MBA information session.