The Beck Telescope
The Beck Telescope is a 30-inch reflector. This 1930 vintage Cassegrain has a Warner & Swasey mounting with optical elements by J.W. Fecker. It was completely refurbished and modified for its installation in 1950 by the Perkin-Elmer Corporation. The telescope tracking control system was modernized and upgraded during the summer of 1998, and the mirrors were refinished during the renovations in 2000.
Other Optical Telescopes
- Eight Meade ETX-EC90 M-C telescopes. Used in Astronomy 120.
- Six Celestron 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes. Used in Astronomy 120.
- One Meade LX50 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with Magellan II System. Used in Astronomy 121.
- One Meade LX50 10-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with Magellan II System. Used in Astronomy 121.
- Bradley Radio Telescope (BrAT)
- A 3.1 m diameter radio telescope with receivers at K, U and L bands (1.3 cm, 2 cm, 21 cm).
Light Detection and Ranging (LIDAR) Facility
Read a thorough summary of the first results from the LIDAR system, jointly built by students and faculty at Agnes Scott College and Georgia Tech Research Institute.