|An architect's rendering by Clarence T. Jones of Chattanooga, TN shows the building as planned in the late 1940s. The caption reads: "Proposed University Center Observatory. This is to be located about one-fourth mile south of the Agnes Scott campus, on a site that is high and relatively free of city lights. It will cost about $85,000."|
|A newspaper article from the Atlanta Journal Constitution about the arrival of the Beck Telescope at Agnes Scott College.|
|Pencil sketch of the Beck Telescope by Bill Close, one of the founding members of the Atlanta Astronomy Club, made upon its arrival at the Observatory.|
|A 1950 etching of the Bradley Observatory, showing the western elevation. This etching was used for the President's Christmas card in that year.|
|The original advertisement from Popular Astronomy (October 1948, Volume LVI, Number 8) for the Beck Telescope. All the listed equipment is stored in the Observatory dome.|
|The Bradley Observatory was dedicated on June 3, 1950. In September 1950, a few months after its dedication, the Bradley Observatory appeared on the cover of Sky & Telescope. The Sky & Telescope article describes the Observatory and the early days of astronomy at Agnes Scott College.
Read the full article >