Kemper Scholars ProgramThe James S. Kemper Foundation provides scholarships to first-year students pursuing liberal arts degrees who are interested in careers in business or administration.
Scholarships range from $3,000-10,000 per year for a student’s sophomore, junior and senior years. Students also receive $2,000-$6,900 project stipends for two summers, annual attendance at the Kemper Scholar Conference for three years, and a non-profit internship in Chicago during the sophomore summer.
Current Agnes Scott College Kemper Scholars, from left to right: Courtney Anderson (class of 2015), DeAnna Tipton (class of 2013), Yun (Winnie) Jiang (class of 2014) at the 2012 Annual Kemper Scholars Conference, Chicago, August 2012.
Information sessions about the Kemper Scholars Program are held each year in the fall. Follow these steps to submit the two-part application:
How to Apply
- Complete the Kemper Scholarship application (save it as "yourFirstname_Lastname_JSK_app.doc.")
- Complete the Kemper Scholarship form
- Gather the following documents as Word or PDF files:
- College transcript (see instructions for Agnes Scott transcripts)
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a college professor)
- Your résumé (optional)
- E-mail all materials to email@example.com by January 23. Please include “Kemper Scholarship application” in the subject line.
For More InformationVisit the James S. Kemper Foundation site.