Financial Information for International Students
Financial Information for International Applicants
In addition to the cost of attendance for domestic students, international students are required to purchase mandatory health insurance (currently $752 per year).
The costs for room and board during summer are not included. Summer rates are $575 per month, for a May through August total of $1,725. There are no meal plans available during the summer months. There is an additional charge for students who need housing during winter break in December. Estimate $2,500 in living expenses during breaks.
Annual increases to all costs are expected.
Additional costs for international students vary and include personal expenses such as travel, personal items and books. Depending on your academic major, the cost of books could be higher than the estimate.
Financial Awards for International Students
Agnes Scott offers a Marvin B. Perry Presidential Scholarship to international students. This scholarship covers full tuition, room and board. A student chosen as a Presidential Scholar must excel in academics, leadership, character and personal achievement. No separate application is required, but to be considered, you must submit your application for admission by the international student early action deadline.
For all other international financial awards, Agnes Scott uses academic merit as the primary consideration when determining the award level. International merit awards range from $5,000 to $20,000 per year. If you wish to be considered for a merit award, you must submit your application for admission by the international student early action deadline and complete the International Application for Financial Aid.
For scholarship funds, students must complete the following two forms provided by the College Board.
- International Student Financial Aid Application (PDF)
- International Student Certification of Finances (PDF)
Submit the two forms above with your admission application before the international student early action deadline. A financial assistance award will be offered only after you have been accepted as a student. Financial aid awarding for international students typically begins after March 1.
- Most schools in the U.S. (public and private) raise tuition and fees annually.
- Over the past three years, Agnes Scott College tuition, room, board and fees have increased on average 6.5 percent annually. Although costs increase annually, student scholarship awards remain the same.
- International students may not apply for additional forms of financial assistance once enrolled at Agnes Scott College.
- A few international students are eligible to apply for student loans in their home countries for study in the U.S. Other international students are eligible to apply for students loans through U.S. banks if they have a U.S. citizen co-signer for the loan application. Agnes Scott does not have a student loan program.