Summer Research Opportunities
Research experience is essential to your career in mathematics, science and technology. It also enhances your qualifications when applying to graduate and professional programs.
You will benefit from participating in the GEMS program because you will have access to faculty and staff who provide encouragement, support and opportunities as you pursue undergraduate research experience. Research builds the skills you will develop in the classroom and laboratory by allowing you to implement theories you have studied. These skills allow you to work independently, make new discoveries, develop problem-solving skills and gain experience as future mathematicians and scientists.
Visit the Web sites below to learn about some of the many research opportunities available.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Research Experience for Undergraduates: (REU)
- Research and Training Opportunities at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Research at the Centers for Disease Control (CDC): Sponsored by Agnes Scott College
- Research at the Centers for Disease Control (CDC): Sponsored by the CDC
- Research with ASC Faculty
- Vanderbilt Summer Science Academy
- The Summer Undergraduate Research Program at Emory University (SURE)
- List of various programs (organized by school)