How to Apply
The GEMS Living Learning Community is designed to support incoming Agnes Scott College students who plan to major in math and or the natural sciences. A living learning community is a residential community in which students live on the same floor to build community, support one another and learn together by participating in specialized programs and workshops with faculty and staff. This program is offered at no additional cost to students. Students will meet other students who share the same courses and academic interests, participate in academic and co-curricular experiences to enhance their transition from high school to college, have access to extra academic support, engage in learning strategies workshops, mentoring, and attend field trips around Atlanta.
Program Objectives: All program objectives are designed to increase persistence and nurture success in STEM related disciplines.
- Provide academic and social support
- Schedule speakers and excursions
- Assist students with pursuing summer research opportunities
- Support identity development as mathematicians and scientists
- Admission to Agnes Scott College and paid enrollment deposit
- Submission of complete Program Application (below)
- Demonstrated passion for Mathematics and Science
The application deadline is June 1, 2015.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at GEMS@agnesscott.edu – we’re happy to answer your questions about the program and look forward to helping you in any way we can!